MOM & DAD’S HOUSE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
There are prescribed medications from various doctors, orders renewed by pharmacists, changes of dosage or strength by the doctors, plus over-the-counter remedies. It can all be so confusing and possibly overwhelming. We untangle the web by having a set system of checks and balances that organize the medicines and relay changes the in health conditions of our residents to their medical professionals.
Here are some of the steps we take to add an extra layer of safety for Our Residents
1. For our resident’s safety, we check medication containers for content, correct labeling and expiration dates.
2. Our staff ensures that the doctors’ orders are followed.
3. We make sure that even over-the-counter medications have a doctor’s order to avoid the chance of adverse interactions.
4. Our staff works as a team to spot changes in health condition and inform their doctor(s) and family.
5. When a resident is having a tough day and resists taking his/her medication, our staff understands. But they don’t give up. Instead, with compassion, they use their professional experience and persistence to get the resident to take his/ her medications.
6. When our residents visit their doctor(s), we provide a doctor(s) with a list of current medications. We also manage the follow-up protocols of their doctor(s) and inform the residents’ families.
7. All of our medications are safely stored in organized locked cabinets.
8. Our staff follows in detail all prescription orders and logs in every medication given to each resident to ensure that none are missed.